PUDUCHERRY COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
v To identify areas for the application of S&T to the developmental needs of this Territory.
v To advise the Government on the formulation of the policies and measures which will promote applications of science & technology to the identified needs, objectives and goals.
Composition of the Puducherry Council for Science & Technology:
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE COUNCIL
v Release of Travel Grants:
v Student Project Funding Programme (SPFP):
v Organizing Sky Watching Activities
v S&T Publications:
v Grant of financial assistance to S&T related innovative projects:
v Patent Support:
v Mobile Science Exhibition Bus shows
v To bring out a Quarterly newsletter on S&T in bilingual by PCS&T and Pondicherry Science Forum.
v Conducting Quiz programs with school students in co-ordination with State Training Centre, DSE.
v To conduct sky watching program in the school.
v School students level space science awareness program at end of June month.
conduct Sky Watching Program once in a month in a fixed place for the
benefit of the public in the U.T of Puducherry..
v To conduct Sky Watching Program once in a month in a fixed place for the benefit of the public in the U.T of Puducherry..
v A student exchange programme from Puducherry & France vice versa for Interschool Exchange Program with the approval of Secretary (Education), Secretary (Science &Technology) and French Counsel can be taken up.
v To prepare a framework for “Innovative Project Funding for Students” by Restricting Rs.10, 000/- for a school.
v PCS&T will organize a Training of Trainers (TOT) for Science Teachers.
PCS&T in co-ordination with STC will organize vocational program for
students to various industrial places to get an idea on Bio Medical
Waste (BMW), Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), Effluent Treatment Plant
(ETP), air quality monitoring, air
Dr.Abdul Kalam Science Centre and Planetarium
PSCP was inaugurated on 03.05.2015 and started functioning since 04.05.2015.
• An interactive and informal science learning space jointly developed by GoI and GoP.
• Has two exhibition halls viz., Marine Biology and Fun Science Galleries with over 100 exhibits.
• Marine Biology Gallery houses exhibits on marine - ecology, diversity, resources, threats, tourism and it is the only one of its kind in India.
• Fun Science Gallery is completely interactive in nature.
• The Planetarium is fully digitalized and automated. Planetarium shows are in Tamil and English alternatively.
• Other facilities includes children activity area and science demonstration hall.
• Also, out door playing exhibits for children's, conference hall and canteen facilities are available.
• Disabled friendly and free entry including escorts.
• Over 70,000 visitors have visited PSCP during May 2015.More Details Click here....
Designed and Maintained by Department of
Science, Technology& Environment, Government of Puducherry, India. Copy Right All right reserved@2016Department of Science, Technology&
Best Viewed in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels